Blueberry muffins are a type of sweet, breakfast pastry made with fresh blueberries. They have a soft, fluffy texture with a slightly crisp top and a golden-brown color. The muffins are typically baked in a tin and served as a quick breakfast or snack. The blueberries add a burst of sweet-tart flavor to the muffin, and the moist texture of the batter perfectly complements the juicy berries. Some blueberry muffin recipes may include additional flavors, such as lemon zest or cinnamon, to enhance the taste. Overall, blueberry muffins are a popular and delicious treat that can be enjoyed any time of day.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- One tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Two large eggs
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in two additions, alternating with the milk, and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious blueberry muffins!