Scrumptious Lemon Cheesecake: A Tangy, Decadent Delight
The Scrumptious Lemon Cheesecake recipe is a delightful and tangy dessert that combines the creaminess of cheesecake with the bright, citrusy flavor of lemon. This delicious treat starts with a sweet graham cracker crust, followed by a rich, velvety cream cheese filling infused with fresh lemon juice and zest. Once baked to perfection and chilled, this luscious cheesecake can be served with an array of optional toppings such as lemon curd, whipped cream, fresh berries, berry sauce, candied lemon slices, or mint leaves. The result is a refreshing and decadent dessert perfect for any occasion, from casual gatherings to elegant dinner parties.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes Chill time: 4 hours Total time: 5 hours 35 minutes Servings: 12
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened (3 blocks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan and set it aside.
For the crust:
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Pour the melted butter over the mixture and stir until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the greased springform pan, creating an even layer.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool while you prepare the filling.
For the filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the sour cream, heavy cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Mix well, ensuring everything is evenly combined and smooth.
- Pour the filling over the cooled crust in the springform pan. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake the cheesecake in the oven for 60-70 minutes or until the edges are set, and the center is slightly jiggly. To prevent the cheesecake from cracking, you can also use a water bath by placing the springform pan inside a larger pan filled with about an inch of water.
- Turn off the oven, crack open the door, and let the cheesecake cool inside the oven for an hour. This will help prevent any cracks from forming.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool at room temperature. Once cooled, cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve the cheesecake, carefully remove the outer ring of the springform pan. Slice and enjoy your tangy, decadent lemon cheesecake!
To elevate your scrumptious lemon cheesecake, consider adding one or more of these delightful toppings or accompaniments:
- Lemon Curd: Drizzle a tangy, homemade or store-bought lemon curd over the cheesecake for an extra burst of lemon flavor.
- Whipped Cream: Serve each slice of cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream for added creaminess and a touch of visual appeal.
- Fresh Berries: Scatter fresh raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries around the edge of the cheesecake or on individual slices. The natural sweetness and tartness of the berries will complement the lemon flavor beautifully.
- Berry Sauce: Create a simple berry sauce by simmering fresh or frozen berries with sugar and a splash of lemon juice. Drizzle the sauce over the cheesecake for a vibrant color contrast and a fruity twist.
- Candied Lemon Slices: Add a touch of elegance to your lemon cheesecake by garnishing it with candied lemon slices. The sweet, translucent slices look beautiful and add a pleasant chewiness to each bite.
- Mint Leaves: Place a few sprigs of fresh mint around the cheesecake or on individual slices for a pop of color and a hint of refreshing minty flavor.
No matter how you choose to serve your tangy, decadent lemon cheesecake, it’s sure to be a hit