Classic Whiskey Sour Recipe
A whiskey sour is a classic cocktail with whiskey, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup. It’s a refreshing and easy-to-make drink that balances the sourness of the lemon juice with the sweetness of the simple syrup, creating a delicious and well-rounded flavor. The whiskey used in a whiskey sour can be either bourbon or rye, depending on your preference. The cocktail is typically shaken with ice and served in a glass filled with fresh ice and can be garnished with a lemon wheel and cherry for a touch of extra flavor and visual appeal. The whiskey sour is a timeless and popular cocktail perfect for any occasion.
- 2 oz whiskey (bourbon or rye)
- 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water, heated until sugar dissolves)
- Optional garnish: lemon wheel and cherry
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add whiskey, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup to the shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds to combine all ingredients and chill the cocktail.
- Strain the mixture into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and cherry, if desired.
Enjoy your classic whiskey sour, which perfectly balances the sourness of the lemon juice with the sweetness of the simple syrup, creating a delicious and refreshing cocktail!