Soft-boiled eggs are a delicacy for many and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or snacks.
- Start by filling a saucepan or pot with enough water to cover the eggs by about 1 inch.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil over medium-high heat.
- While waiting for the water to boil, carefully add the eggs to the pot using a slotted spoon.
- Let the eggs cook for 5-7 minutes, depending on the size of the eggs and how runny you want the yolk. For a runnier yolk, cook for 5 minutes. For a slightly firmer yolk, cook for 6-7 minutes.
- After the eggs have finished cooking, remove them from the pot using the slotted spoon and transfer them to a bowl or egg cups.
- Gently tap the shell of the eggs with a spoon to crack the top, then peel off the shell and discard it.
- Sprinkle a little salt and black pepper on the eggs, and enjoy while still warm.
You can also serve soft-boiled eggs with toast soldiers, which are small strips of toast that can be dipped into the runny yolk. Soft-boiled eggs should be eaten immediately after cooking for the best texture and flavor.